Got an Arduino? Like parties / alcohol? Can't be bothered to make your own bar quality cocktails? Make a Barduino!
Its back, with new features in v2.0:
- Facebook integration - Facebook registration Page to track and graph drink consumption
- Touchscreen with gesture support
- RFID user login - sync with Facebook profile photo
- SQL drink database
- After party drink stats
- Illuminated drink dispenser
The fully automatic bar uses simple solenoid valves, CO2, an Arduino Uno and a touch screen computer! CO2 and valves could be replaced with pumps but we found pressured drinks to be better.
It dispenses all sorts of cocktails from 4 different mixers and 4 different types of alcohol!
Construction is from an old ikea cabinet and the inner works are easily obtainable from ebay etc
- Arduino Uno
- 8 Solenoid Valves
- John Guest (or similar) push-fit fittings
- PVC pipe
- CO2 supply with pressure regulator
- 12v power supply
- Touch screen computer or similar interface
- RFID Reader + Tags
- 8 drink bottles with screw caps
- Cabinet of some sort - we used an Ikea cabinet
- Hot glue gun + glue
- Cooling Fan if your computer needs it
- Friends + Alcohol
danieljcooper + andyman5002
*UPDATE* - Our website is now up: Barduino.co.uk
Step 1: Choose / Make a Cabinet
First thing is to find a suitable enclosure for the valves, arduino, CO2 and computer. This will depend on where you want to use the bar etc.
The principals remain the same for all cabinets, valves with tubing controlled by an arduino with associated electronics. The cabinet will determine the length of tubing and connectors required to get the drink to dispense where you want it to. See our photos for an idea of the tubing and connectors.
We chose an Ikea cabinet to minimise the amount of wood work needed. The cabinet needed minor alterations and also a housing needed to be created to hold the touch screen computer.