The project combined of basic shapes and electronics and mainly created to be an easy tutorial for a soft circuit that can be modified and expended.
Step 1: Materials and tools
1. Non-conductive fabric: can be any sort of standard non-conductive fabric, very small piece is needed therefore I would look for some old clothing or some fabric left-overs.
2. Conductive fabric and conductive thread
There are many kinds of conductive fabrics and threads might be found. I'm using ArgenMesh fabric and a Silver Plated Nylon thread and I got it from www.lessemf.com.
3. RGB LED with a common cathode. I got it from www.superbrightleds.com, part #RL5-RGB-C
4. Craft & Fabric glue
5. 3v Lithium Coin Cell Battery (I got mine at RadioShack)
5. Sewing snaps (can be purchased at most of the fabric stores, I got mine from Mood Fabrics)
6. Printed pattern (the pdf file is attached further)
1. Sewing needle
2. Sewing machine (optional)
5. Needle nose pliers