Introduction: ROLO Rolls Holder
Who says bathroom decor has to be boring & "classy?" This comically large ROLOS container turns a routine visit to the bathroom into a fantastical trip into Willy Wonka's factory. It is not only entertaining but functions as a unique toilet paper roll holder. No more empty roll bathroom blunders, when you can simply retrieve a golden wrapped roll of pillowy goodness.
If you think this is the zing your bathroom is lacking then here's what you'll need:
6" X 24" vent pipe
2 end caps (one crimped, one top fitting)
Dark brown spray paint (be sure it is suitable for metal)
Gold spray paint
inkjet printer & paper
Clear contact paper
Your favorite T.P. of course. (I used mega rolls)
OPTIONAL: gold tissue paper, or plunger
1. Spray paint the pipe brown, & the 2 end caps gold and allow them to dry
2. Since the top fitting end will have a band of gold while the crimped end will fit inside, you need to create a gold band to match. To do this tape off approximately the same width & spray paint that portion of the pipe gold.
3. Then using this ROLO WRAPPER image I sized & printed out the specifics I wanted to include on the wrapper.
NOTE: Plan A. was to have a local business make a print with the right dimensions, but time & money changed my mind. Plan B. was to hand paint it all on, but once again time & money changed my mind. I think this is the fastest, and cheapest method to get the job done.
4. Cut a piece of clear contact paper large enough to wrap around the pipe completely.
5. Peel the backing away from the contact paper & lay out the printed pieces face down.
6. Now wrap the contact sheet around the pipe & smooth out any air pockets or bubbles.
7. To fill your newly constructed container you can either:
A. Wrap the rolls in golden tissue paper and stack them inside just like the REAL deal.
B. Drop a plunger down the pipe & stack the rolls on top so you can easily retrieve the rolls by just lifting up on the handle.
There you have it. A great way to bring a smile to an other wise dreaded event.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.