Introduction: Radhaballavi With Alu Dum
Radhaballavi is a kind of puri stuffed with Channa dal ( Bengal Gram ) . It is enjoyed with Alu dam
If anybody will ask me what is my favorite menu for Sunday without hesitation my prompt answer will be Radhaballavi with Alu Dum. It is always my dream menu so I decided to post this recipe. Hope you like it !!! and don’t forget to comment on this. It’s a Yummy…… breakfast !!!
Step 1: Ingredients:
For the stuffing:
• Chana dal gram - 1 cup (washed and soaked overnight)
• Ginger - 1/2 "
• Green chilli - 2
• Asafotida/Hing - 1/2 tsp
• Dry red chilli ground powder - 1 tsp
• Black Pepper- 1/2 tsp
• Dry coriander powder - 1 tsp
• Half lemon juice
• Salt to taste
• Oil -2 tsp
For the outer crust:
• Maida/all purpose flour - 1 cup
• Oil - 2 tsp
• Warm water for kneading
• Oil for frying- 2 cups
Step 2: Preparing the Outer Crust
In a bowl take maida ( flour) , salt and oil and knead nicely with warm water tightly.
Cover the dough with a damp cloth for 30 minutes
Step 3: Preparation for Filling
1. In a grinder, make a dry paste of the overnight soaked chana dal with ginger and green chilli.
2. In a pan, add hing in oil and let it splutter for a while and then add the dal paste along with salt. Keep stirring continuously on medium heat as it has a tendency to stick to the bottom & become thick.
3. Once it is done, add the dry chilli powder & lemon juice, switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
Step 4: Preparation of Stuff Balls
1. Make small ball from the dough & keep them in a line
2. Take one ball at a time in your palm. Press it gently by other hand’s thumb and now press the edge gently to make it bigger and flatter but without the center
3. Now add a ball of filling to each flour.
4. Take each ball at a time in hand and seal the edge softly and stretching the dough
5. Make sure there is no crack all around the dough. Follow same process with all the balls
Step 5: Ready to Fry Radhaballavi
1. Put some drop of oil on the plate where you would like to roll the dough ball
2. Roll it with rolling pin carefully. Strech it as much possible without crack.
3. Add slowly radhaballavi slowly in a hot oil. Always fry one radhaballavi at a time. It will go down first and immediately it will float.
4. Keep it medium high flame. Once the colour of the radhaballavi become light golden colour it is ready to remove from oil & keep them on pape towel to get rid of oil
5. Follow same process with rest of the radhaballavi and serve them immediately with Alu Dum.
Step 6: Tips
1. If there is any crack at the surface of the radhaballavi. It will split when we will go for fry.
2. To verify the temperature of oil, drop a small ball of dough in hot oil & it start sizzling means oil is ready for fry
3. It is very important to take out radhaballavi at the right time otherwise it will become dark brown & hard
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.