To make the dials to control the volume and tuning i used the universities laser cutter. I made the shape in adobe illustrator and sent it to the cutter. This was a very easy and accurate process. I decided to make them out of 3 mm black PVC as this will stand out against the colour of the shell. any people will not have access to a laser cutter so the same shape could probably be made using a coping saw and a file. Next i used my dremel to drill a very small hole through the centre of the plastic shape. This allowed me to screw the dial on using the existing screws that previously held the dial on. Next i used the dremel again to cut two holes through the shell to create slots for the dials to come through. I marked a line from the centre down to the base to line up where i was going to cut the hole. I used a very small grinding blade that my dremel had as it was perfect for the job and it cut through relatively quickly. I then carefully sanded the hole to the correct size for the dial so the dial is not sicking out all the way but is out enough so it is easy to turn. I have fitted a piece of rubber under the shell to seal it better.