Introduction: Rainbow Hair for Kids
Give your kids temporary rainbow hair! Food coloring will give your kids rainbow hair for a day or two. Remnant pastel color will wash out completely within a couple weeks.
What you'll need:
- food coloring: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple (mix colors as needed)
- hair conditioner
- 6 small medicine cups
- 6 toothpicks
- plastic gloves
Step 1: Mix Color With Conditioner
- Place two drops of red food coloring in a small medicine cup.
- Do the same for orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
- Squirt a teaspoon of conditioner into each cup.
- Mix color with a toothpick.
Step 2: Separate Hair.
- Brush hair into two sections.
- Put one section into a band.
- Divide unbound section into three.
- Pin back second two sections.
Step 3: Dye Hair.
- Put on your disposable gloves.
- Smooth red-colored conditioner onto first section. Pull conditioner evenly, all the way to the tip of the hair.
- Twist colored hair away.
- Separate second section, and smooth orange-colored conditioner through. Twist the finished hair away.
- Repeat step 3 with remaining colors, dividing hair into even sections.
Step 4: Allow Hair to Dry.
Allow hair to dry before combing through or rinsing. Rinsing will remove most of the color, so if you want the color to stay vibrant, leave the conditioner in.