Introduction: Rainbow Ice Cube
Its summer time and we keep making lemonade or butter milk. Yesterday, as I drooped in a few normal ice cubes in the lemonade for my daughter, the idea of using colorful ice cubes struck me and hence this rainbow ice cube.
I have made this Rainbow Ice Cube using fresh fruit juice so my family can enjoy the extra goodness of both color and taste. These Rainbow Ice Cubes can be used in simple lemonade, hard drinks, Ice Bucket or for decoration for parties/get togethers and for presentations.
The making of this Rainbow Ice Cubes requires some time and patience as we have to pour different colored liquids and wait until it sets but its totally worth the wait because the end product is extremely eye pleasing and attractive.
Please do try it and add more color to this beautiful summer. Thank you for reading my instructable.
Step 1: Make Rainbow Ice Cubes With Fruit Juice/Veggie Juice/Alcohol
- Mango Juice
- Raspberry Beer (optional)
- Ice Cube Tray
- Sugar or any sweetener (optional)
- Squeeze out fresh juice fruits of your choice. I chose watermelon, grapes and a combination of mint cucumber. I also use Raspberry Beer but its totally upto you. For mango juice, I didn't have fresh mango, so I used the boxed mango juice. You could add sugar if required.
- Add 1 tsp of the freshly squeezed juice into the ice cube tray and allow it to freeze for atleast 15mins or until it sets.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with various fruit juices and pour the liquid into the ice cube tray one above the other once the previous layer sets.
- You could use these colorful ice cubes instead of the normal colorless transparent ice cubes in lemonade and other juices or as a decoration in parties while serving anything cold or in the Ice Buckets. Kids can simply eat these ice cubes as it is as its pure fruit. So totally upto your creativity/likeness on how to use them. Enjoy!