This is a two player game, so you can play this game with a friend.
The game includes a counter, the first who has 5 points wins the game.
Step 1: Parts and Stuff
- 2 Potentiometer 10K
- 1 Rainbowduino
- 1 8x8 RGB Matrix (common Anode)
- 6 jumper wires
- 1 Breadboard (not on the photo)
Step 2: Building It
We are going to prgram it, so check that the switch is on "USB".
Then you can place the 8x8 on the Rainbowduino. It`s so easy: Pin1 goes to Pin1, if you still doesn`t understand it look at the photo.
But even if you connect it wrong the 8x8 Matrix won`t get damaged.
Step 3: Testing
if you haven`t download arduino yet, go to http://arduino.cc and download the latest Arduino software.
After that download the Rainbow library from Rainbowduino wiki under Resources.
Unzip it and put it to -> documents -> arduino -> liabraries...
Restart Arduino and go to -> datei -> beispiele -> rainbowduino - > shapes...
And to -> tools -> board -> arduino duemilanove w/ atmega328...
You should see some shapes on the LED matrix, like in the picture.
Step 4: Connecting the Potis
just connect the two potentiometer as shown in the shematic. When the beater in the game is inverted, just switch +5V with GND.
Step 5: FInish
open pong.ino with arduino and upload it to the Rainbowduino.
You are ready to play.
And If you don`t have a friend to play, leave A0 or A1 unconnected.
Have fun :)
- this is my first instruction: write me if you liked it or hatet it. And what i sholud do better.
- I`m from switzerland so my english is not the best. if I have written something wrong let me know so I can correct it.
- I didn`t add comments to my program, but It`s coming soon.