I'm a soon to be college freshmen and I love fast and easy foods. It is really hard to cook food in a short amount of time or when you don't have a lot of resources around. Many college students live on Mac and Cheese, Ramen noodles, Chinese takeout, or any easily microwavable meals. That gets old, and your taste buds get bored, so why not change it up a bit with Ram-and-Cheese?
This is a quick, easy, and affordable alternative to having to keep buying new things. Ram-and cheese doesn't need to be refrigerated when stored before use and is ready in just five minutes. Ram and cheese can turn two basic meals into the meal of a lifetime.
What you will need
- Ability to follow steps
- Knowledge on working a microwave
- Clean up skills (keep your space clean)
- One to two bowls (Microwave safe and big enough to hold both combined foods)
- Pack of Ramen noodles (of your choice)
- Microwavable Velveeta Mac and cheese
- Spoon, fork, or even a spork
- Microwave (that works)
Step 1: Making the Ramen
- Removing the noodles from the package; Depending on how you like to eat your noodles, you can break the noodles up while the bag is still sealed, to get shorter sized noodles that are easier to eat with a spoon, or you can leave the noodles in a block if you prefer the slurp style noodle.
Put the noodles into a microwave safe bowl and cover with water. Add enough water to cover noodles; usually 1 to 2 cups of water is needed.
Microwave your Ramen between three and five minutes depending on your microwave. Place your noodles in the microwave, set the timer, and start cooking.
Removing Noodles from microwave. CAUTION: NOODLES WILL BE HOT, and a heat protector is recommended. Drain water well.
Mix in the flavor packet. It is a good time to put flavor in when the remaining water is still hot. Stir noodles with a spoon or fork until flavoring dissolves.
Step 2: Making It Cheesy A.K.A. Cooking the Velveeta Shells & Cheese
Remove lid and cheese sauce pouch
Add water to the fill line located in the middle of the cup.
Stir to get the white powder mixed well into the water; this helps for cooking.
Microwave the cup of shells for about 3 ½ minutes, or until pasta is tender.
Remove and add cheese. Careful, the cup will be hot. Squeeze cheese into remaining water and stir it all together.
Step 3: Ram-and-Cheese
Take the Velveeta cheese shells you just prepared and add it to your previously prepared Ramen noodles. You can use the same bowl you cooked the noodles in for convenience, or get a new bowl.
- Mix well
- Eat up and enjoy (:
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.