A small project motor and 9V battery power a pulley belt (rubber band) which is attached to a roll of TP. When pulled on, even slightly, a toggle switch is flicked and the TP rapidly dispenses! This prank requires a bit of investment, but the payoff is supreme!
Update 3/31/12: Wow, 10k views in one day! I didn't think this prank would be popular, but since it is I decided to update step 3 for those of you who actually want to attempt this. Good luck!
4/1/12: Successfully pranked my roommate with this today! This prank was immediately preceded by another great prank. Ah, it was a hilarious moment...
Step 1: Prepare the prank
- Create a cardboard tube that is slightly smaller in diameter than a TP tube, but bigger than the plastic cylinder that the TP rotates on. I used an empty TP tube and cut out a section, then taped it back together
- Glue or tape a few small strips of cardboard to the tube.
- Insert the tube inside a roll of TP. It should fit easily and snugly.
Step 2: Switch, motor and battery
- A project motor that has high torque and low rpm
- A toggle switch that isn't too stiff
- A fresh 9V battery