I have been lurking on Instructables for a few years but have never posted one myself. Now I have bought a home of my own it's time to undergo some projects and share them with the community.
In my first project I'm going to show you how I setup multi-room audio that can be controlled by any device with a web browser or an app on your Android and/or iOS device.
I apologise for the lack of/poor quality photos.
I have borrowed some of this information and thrown in some things from my own experience. Some credit goes to the author of this tutorial http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=25778
To tackle this instructable you should have an understanding of networking, intermediate to expert computer skills and maybe some linux experience too. If you run into something you don't understand just remember google is your friend.Equipment you will need
• Computer (mac/win/linux to act as your Logitech Media Server)
• Home network (wireless if you can't run a cable to the Pi)
• Raspberry Pi (I've used 1 per room however I will add a multi-DAC tutorial once I complete it myself)
• SD card 2GB or larger
• AC Adaptor (I used a USB wall charger for mobile phones check here http://elinux.org/RPi_VerifiedPeripherals#Power_adapters
• Micro USB cable
• USB wireless adaptor (MAKE SURE IT IS COMPATIBLE OUT OF THE BOX! http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Wi-Fi_Adapters
• Powered USB Hub (for extra usb devices or multi DAC at a later date)
• HDMI cable or HDMI to DVI cable (depending on your monitor)
• DAC (digital to analogue converter, 1 per room)
• Amplifier (unless your DAC is also amplified)