Most Raspberry Pi garage door remotes had open ports, or other features I wasn't too fond of. So I created my own that contains much more security, logging of who opens the garage, video capture, garage status and more.
- 100% secure garage door operation, with access control lists. Only authorized family members can open.
- Ability to monitor or control garage anywhere in the world from a controlled website, with no open router ports
- Full video capture of who's coming into the garage, uploaded securely to your website for later perusal
- Ability to remotely stop or kill the process in case of malfunction or abuse
- Email notifications when a family member arrives or leaves the house
- Cheap SMS solution (3/4 a cent per text), with no GSM card purchases or any cell contracts
- Standard Linux code, easily setup on a new Pi, and quickly portable to other platforms like BeagleBone or whatever future Linux technology arrives. Basically, I wanted the ability to restore this system on a fresh device within 30 minutes or less