Before the “digital age” many families used wall calendars to show a monthly view of upcoming events. This modern version of the wall mounted calendar includes the same basic functions:
- A monthly agenda
- Sync of family members activities
- Easy browse between months
Beyond those basic functions this gadget will also handle:
- A whether forecast
- Upcoming events in the surrounding area
- Live information about the public transport
- And even more...
What you need:
- Raspberry Pi 2
- USB Wifi Dongle. (Like Edimax 150Mbps Wireless nano )
- LCD laptop screen (take one from a broken laptop https://www.instructables.com/id/Old-laptop-screen...
- Controller card for the laptop screen (search Ebay for LCD Controller Driver Board and the serial number of your laptop screen)
- Some Push Button Switches (Like http://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-Start-Horn-Button-Mom... )
- Webserver running a custom made homepage
- Piece of wood. Height should be more than 30mm, so the electronics can fit inside. The width and height depends on the size of your laptop screen.
- Sheet of cork. (Like this http://www.pandurohobby.se/Katalog/50-Skapa-Dekor...
- Short HDMI cable
- Powersuply for controller board and Raspberry Pi.
- Mounting screws .
(Inspired by the instructable by Piney https://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-Wall-...)