This is my first Instructable so all criticisms and comments are welcome.
This will show you how to set up a simple wired web server on your Raspberry Pi, with PHP and MySql.
The Raspberry Pi is a good choice for a webserver that will not recieve too much traffic, such as a testing server, or small intranet, as it doesn;t get too hot (so is nice and quiet), and only uses around 5 Watts of power (costing £3.50 a year where I am if it's running 24/7)
In the future I might add how to set up a wireless server.
If you have any problems, post them in the comments, or PM me - I'm happy to help.
Step 1: You will Need
1. A power supply (Micro USB)
2. A network cable
3. A HDMI cable (or Component cable) as well as a screen and USB keyboard
3. A Raspberry Pi
4. An SD card (2GB or more)
5. An SD card reader for your computer
6. Win32DiskImager (For Windows) or dd (for Unix)
7. The Raspberry Pi Debian Image
8. PuTTY (For Windows) or any other SSH client
9. Around an hour of free time
You can download the software from the following locations:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Win32-Disk-Imager.shtml (for Win32DiskImager)
http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/download.php?file=/images/debian/6/debian6-19-04-2012/debian6-19-04-2012.zip (Debian Image)
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html (for PuTTY)