Introduction: Raspberry Vinegar
This is my first Instructable and English is not my native language.
So please bear with me and my poor spelling :-)
I will show how to make your own Raspberry Vinegar to spice up your salad, marinate, desserts/afters etc.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 300 gr frozen (or fresh) Raspberry
- 165 gr white Sugar
- 365 ml of vinegar (I use Cider Vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon of dried yeast
Step 2: Mix Sugar and Vinegar
- Pour the vinegar in a saucepan on the stove
- Heat it up and dissolve the sugar in the liquid, while stirring with a spoon
- Do not boil it - just heat until the sugar vanish
Step 3: Mix Vinegar & Raspberry and And Yeast
- Mix the hot vinegar in a bowl with the thaw out raspberries
- Add 1 tablespoon of dried yeast and stir well
Step 4: Fermentation
- Cover the bowl with some kitchen roll
- Lay a lid on (leave a gap, so air from the fermentation can escape)
- Let the mix stand at roomtemperature for two days
Step 5: Sieve the Mix
- Sieve the mix in a strainer
- Stir well until the juice has left the the mix
- Prepare some boiling water in a kettle
- Pour the mashed raspberries in a small cup/bowl
- Cover the mash with boiling water and let it cool down
- Sieve out the water and mix it with the vinegar
Step 6: Bottlening
- Get some bottles with screw- or flip top
- Clean the bottles well
- It is easier to fill the bottles if you pour from a jug
Step 7: Labels
- Use your favourite editor to make the label
- Print it on ordinarily paper
- Spray the print with some waterproofing preparation (Same thing as you would use for your shoes.) This make your labels more resistant for greasy fingers in the kitchen
- Cut the labels with a scissor. I use one thats make a pattern when you clip. (Found in my daughters playroom :-)
- Glue the label to the bottle Instead of a glue stick you can use milk or wallpaper paste
Step 8: Finish!
Instead of Raspberry try the same method with:
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.