Hi, I would like to present my first raspberry-pi project.
A Pip-boy like Personal Computer (if you are a Fallout Fan, you see what i mean) ! :
- Raspberry-pi model B + a 2.8″ LCD 8bits parallel TouchScreen connected on GPIOS.
- Lxde Desktop session. Can be controlled with Touchscreen or wireless Keyboard.
- It is powered with a 5V-1A 2600mAh battery which gave approx 3h of autonomy (about 2h if wifi dongle is used).
Up to 9-10 h with a 10000mAh powerbank (but more weight)
- Self-made case using 2 plastic photo frames (cut, screw and a little vit of glue), so the Raspi Pip-oy can be attached to arm.
It supports USB wifi dongle, Bluetooth mini-keyboard, webcam, joypad, etc..
It can display / record / steam video source (IP cameras, webcam) and run AdvanceMame Arcade Game Emulator.
2 switches are connected to GPIOS : the first to switch between displays (console/Dektop) and to command and the second to perform a safe shutdown.
Usage examples :
- ultra-mini broadcast system : display - control - record - stream video sources.
We use it with a webcam and a telescope. People that are around the telescope watch the images on the pip-boy screen. And the pip-boy also streamed the images for people watching through internet.
- portable gaming console
- Remote controller
Read more on Hardware-libre
General demo video :
MAME playing demo :
Elphel Network Camera streaming display :