I did not want other animals to eat the baits and I did not want to spend a lot of money on a commercial solution (where is the fun in that) so I designed my own bait holder made of junk.
The idea is to make the bait inaccessible to animals that are not rats, but still make it easy to for me to inspect and change baits.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Screwdriver (ar an electric drill)
- A marking pen
- A pair of scissors
- A craft knife
- 600 mm length of ag pipe (flexible drainage pipe)
- A plastic jar with a screwtop lid (must be wider than the diameter of the pipe)
- A bit of wood longer than the pipe
- 2 screws that are long enough to fix the top of the pipe to the wooden base
- 1 shorter screw to attach the bait to the wooden base