Introduction: Raw Banana Curry
Raw bananas can be cooked in different styles as a vegetable. This is one such recipe for making a tasteful banana curry. It is very simple and does not take much time
The following steps describe how to make raw banana curry
Step 1: Peel Skin and Cut Into Pieces
- Take about four or five raw bananas and peel off the outer skin using a peeler. You need to peel just the green outer skin and not the entire skin from the bananas.
- Cut the peeled bananas into half inch cubes
Step 2: Add Red Chili Powder and Salt
- Transfer the cut banana pieces into a wide bowl
- Add half to one teaspoon of red chili powder as per your taste.
- Add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Add salt to taste
Step 3: Marinate the Banana Pieces
- Cut a lime in half and extract the juice
- Add the lime juice to the banana pieces in the bowl and mix well
- Keep this aside for about half an hour to marinate
Step 4: Other Ingredients
For making curry paste
- 2 teaspoons of Cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Fennel seeds
- Half a coconut
- Two to three green chilies
- Few pieces of Cardamom
Make a fine paste of all the above ingredients in a mixer-grinder and keep aside
- One tablespoon of cooking oil
- A tablespoon of mustard seeds mixed with split black gram lentils
- Handful of curry leaves
- One onion chopped
- Few garlic cloves shucked and chopped
Step 5: Saute
- Add one tablespoon of cooking oil in a frying pan over medium flame
- When the oil is heated, add a teaspoon of mustard seeds mixed with split black gram lentils
- Once the mustard seeds start cracking, add curry leaves
- Add the chopped onion to the pan and saute till onion pieces turn golden brown
Step 6: Add Banana Pieces
- Add the marinated banana pieces to the pan and stir-fry till the banana pieces are about half cooked
- Now add the curry paste we have already prepared and mix well
- You can add little amount of water to the mix if required.
- Keep over medium flame till banana pieces are properly cooked.
Step 7: Garnish and Serve
- Once the Banana pieces are cooked, remove the pan from stove. Adjust the consistency of the curry as per your taste.
- Transfer the banana curry to a serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander leaves
This tasteful Banana Curry can be served as a main course for lunch
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.