this project aims to make a diy usv low cost
Step 1: Chill..Relax..
We are going to create a unmanned surface vehicle which will radio controlled.It has number of uses like
- can be used for rc boat retrieval
- for exploration
- for recreational purpose
We will be using pvc pipe for making the hull.
Before starting this you must have basic knowledge of how to use a rc controller ,brushless motor and esc.
It is really easy you can google it i have not included all that as it will make the instructale very big.
Step 2: Materials
- PVC pipe (you can decide diameter according to the weight your usv will carry i have used 55mm and 25mm)
- T-joints(in my case 2)
- L-joint (2 for 55mm pipe this will change according to the pipe diameter you are using)
- L-joint(6 for 25mm pipe)
- 55mm pipe
- 25mm pipe
- Rc transmitter and reciever
- 2 brushless motor(2200 kv you can choose less or more
- 6045 quadcopter propeller or smaller whichever is avaliable to you
- Lipo battery
- 2 esc according to your motor rating
Step 3: Pontoon
First step is making the pontoons.You need to cut the 55mm pipe in half the length of your USV iwanted the length to be 60cm so i cut it to 30cm and joined it by Tjoint which will support my upper structure.Also attach the L joint at the end repeat this to make the other pontoon.
Step 4: Upper Structure
- the size of the upper structure has to be decided on the basis of the container in which you wil keep your battery and esc mine is 15cm*10cm approx.
- Join the l joint and pipe to make rectangle as shown
- height of the supporting struts should be sufficient 10cm from water surface to avoid any splashinf of water.
- like this make the back part arch which will support the motor.The height of this arch will be dependent upon the length of your propeller. make sure propeller should not touch water.
Step 5: Final
Glue the structure together to make it water tight so tha t water do not go inside the hull.
You can also add a camera to it i used my phone as an ip camera. many apps are available online.