1 yd of Fabric- (in this demo I used oil cloth)
Ribbon (go nuts- make your bag fancy)
cardboard (to make the pattern)
Step 1: Cutting out the pieces
There are two pieces:
1) the main body- a large rectangle that is 36"x16"
2) the sides- a smaller rectangle that is 7"x16"
*on piece #2 at one end of the width curve the corners.
Now that you have the patterns, use them on your fabric and cut it out.
Note that with piece #2 you need to cut 2 of these out.
If you want to get fancy cut piece #1 from one fabric and #2 from a different design of fabric.
Step 3: Sewing the sides
Go slow as you go around the bottom of piece #2.
If you are not using oil cloth press the seams open.
Step 5: Sewing the straps
You need to fold it in half and then each end is folded under about 1/4". The 'right' side of the fabric is facing out.
On the sewing machine stitch it together.
You need to make a tube, sew it shut (wrong side out), and turn it.
1. fold fabric in half- wrong side out
2. Sew it down the length with a 3/8" seam, at the top turn and sew it closed
3. At the closed end (using a pencil with the eraser end) push the fabric through and pull it right side out