Introduction: Realism Speed Painting
This tutorial is made mainly for the digital medium, however most of it will also apply to traditional paintings.
Digital painting is a popular art form because of its versatility and usability. Realism is a highly desired skill that can take hours upon hours of practice and time. In this tutorial I explain the process I use to make speed realism paintings. The goal of the tutorial is to help other digital artists learn a new method of painting that will allow them to create quicker paintings of the same or increased quality as their other artwork.
What you will need:
- A digital drawing tablet
- A tablet pen that is pressure sensitive
- An art program that responds to changes in pressure and works with your tablet
- A character or idea to paint
How to use this tutorial:
- Download the tutorial images
- Open the images within your selected art program
- Tile your windows so that the tutorials can be off to the side of the canvas
- Create a new canvas to paint on
- Paint away!
Want to challenge yourself?
- Try to paint a portrait of a character or animal in under 2 hours! It may seem difficult, but practicing speed painting is a wonderful way to boost your skills.
Step 1: Brushes: Settings and Suggestions
Step 2: Preparing the Canvas
Step 3: Sketching Vs. Lining
Step 4: Putting It All Together: Creating the Painting
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.