I am a Caver. I love to run around underground. I also like to tinker with LED's (mainly inspired by Dan's instructable Ultimate Night Vision Headlamp
This is the third headlamp i have created, and the first i think might be worthy to post
Oh yeah a description, This is a LED headlamp made with 3 3.7V lithium batteries and 2 ~4 watt Cree Q5 LED's. The led is driven by the same device as Dan's headlamp, a 3021 BuckPuck from luxdrive.
Step 1: Supplies!
I bought/gathered my stuff from a few differant places
- 2x Cree Q5 LED
- 2x Reflector
- 6x 18650 Lithium batteries ( they come in packs of 2, so i got 6 total)
Radio Shack (some capitol purchases here.)
- Mini Tool Set
- Soldering gun
- 9-volt battery leads
- 3" x 2" x 1" project enclosure
- 3021 BuckPuck driver (the 1A version)
My Dad's Shop
- Curly cable from a cell phone car charger
- ~2 inch Aluminum heat sink
- Thermal Grease
- cheep headlamp strap
- Curly cable ( i got mine from an old cell phone charger )
Step 2: Testing
I got a set of reed switches to play with (they are really cool), but ended up going with a double pull double throw switch from radio shack.