Introduction: Recipe Box and Holder
I have wanted a recipe box and card holder for a long time. I wanted one that could be cleaned as well. I was looking through our office supplies and came up with an excellent idea to make my own. It is made from floppy disc's and a floppy box. This is so awesome! The box will hold many favorite recipes that are used often and it has a recipe holder! This method is fast, easy, and functional.
Step 1: Supplies
- 1 Floppy box with all the discs
- Recipes printed on paper or cards
- Glue I recommend glue that can be re-moved if needed.
- Marking pen
- Straight edge
Step 2: Recipe Cards
- Trim the recipe cards to fit the floppy disc.
- Glue the recipe to the floppy.
Step 3: The Lid
- Position the magnet to the lid where the recipe can be easily read.
- Apply glue.
- Stick the magnet to the lid.
- Allow to dry.
Step 4: How It Works
- The lid is a functional card holder.
- The different colors of disc are used for the different food categories.
- The discs are the index cards so to speak.
It has been a perfect solution.
Step 5: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
I finally have a functional recipe box and holder that looks nice. I am very happy with the results. The most time consuming part will be adding your favorite recipes to the floppies. You might just keep the glue handy and as you use your favorite family recipes glue it to the discs at that time.
Thanks for stopping by and do have a great day!