Step 1: Tools, materials and knowledge you'll need
- Drill and a 5/16" drill bit
- Jigsaw or hand saw
- Bearing balls 5/16" (about 12), marbels will also work fine but they are not as uniformly sized
- 5mm thick board
- One bolt, 2 washers, 1 nut, size doesn't really matter ...... for our purposes
- A round piece of reclaim wood ( you know that tree your neighbour just cut down? )
- Some other stuff you will find useful and around your workplace..... you'll figure it out, right now this are the "must have" things to make this GREAT instructable posible...
oh yeah!... the knowledge part
You will need common sense to avoid accidents and basic carpentry skills.
Step 2: Measuring tape, ruler and pencil step.
Then take 2 or 3 inches of that measurment and draw 3 circles of that size on the 5 mm thick board.
Mark the center of all the circles.
On one of the cirlces you will also mark the position were the bearing balls or the marbles will be, preferably 12 or more depending on the size of the circles and the expected load.
You can distribute the marbles or balls as if ther were the hour marks on a clock. (see 2nd picture below)
Step 3: Prepare all pieces for assembly.... you are almost done step.
Remember that the holes should be just a little bit larger that the marbles or the bearing balls themselves to avoid to much movement.
You also need to drill a hole in the center of all three circles, this should be big enough for the bolt to go through.