Introduction: Reclaimed Wood Deck Chair
In this instructable i will teach you how to make a reclaimed wood deck chair. in this instructable there are no measurements as the measurements are up to you can make it taller or thinner, fatter and wider or any way you want .im just here to show you the design
Step 1: Materials
- a lot of 1x4s and 2x2s
- a drill a nd screws
- a chop saw or other method of cutting
Step 2: Platforms
- to make the back platform, screw together 4 to 5 boards to three 2x2 boards. Make sure that the middle 2x2 is sticking out 2 inches.
- To make the sitting platform, use same method, but make sure front 2x2 is sticking out 2 inches.
- Cut eight 2x2's that are long enough to go from the floor to the arm rest.
- Screw two of the eight 2x2's on the sides of the two tabs as shown in the picture.
- Screw one 2x2 into the back of the sitting platform.
Step 3: Back Platform Legs
1. Decide what angle you want your back platform at, and screw in legs so plum.
Step 4: Arm Rests and Connection
- To connect the two platforms, take the sitting platform and line up the 2x2 that is on the back of the sitting platform to the bottom of the back platform.
- To make the arm rests, take two 1x4's and cut to size and place on top of back and front legs (optional: round the end of the armrests.)
Step 5: Finished Product
sand down and seal with color of your choice I used cedar , afterwards let sit for at least 5 days or until dry .
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.