Introduction: Recycle Your Dead Old Laptop Battery
Hey! everyone My name is Steve 19 year old from India .
Today i'm going to show you How to Recycle Your Dead Old Laptop Battery .
Many People Think That If A Laptop Battery Don't Work On Laptop That Means It's Fully Dead
No! They are Wrong
Only Few People Know That Still There is 80% Chances of Recycling .
Now Let's Get Started
Click Here to See The Video
How to Open The Battery Pack
Step 1: Why Is It So ?
Look Laptop Battery Manufacture Do this For Safety Reasons
Usually The Laptop Battery Comes in 3 Cell Pack And There is Total 6 Cell 2 in Parallel And 3 in Series
Here are Some Reason Why Your Battery Still Have Some Life on it
• If 1 Cell means 2 Parallel Cell Goes Dead The BMS ( Battery Management System) Will Disable The Hole Battery . Still 2 Cell means 2 Parallel Cells (or 4 individual Cell ) Have Some Life on it It can still be Used .
• If The BMS ( Battery Management System) Don't Work it will disable The whole Battery There is 90% chances of (6 individual Cells ) Have Some Life on It
• BMS ( Battery Management System) Count The No. of Charge and Discharge Cycle and when it Complete a certain cycle it'll Disable the battery ( The Manufacturer do this For Safety Reasons ) Still There is 50% Chances You Can Find Some Good Cell on it .
Step 2: Stuff I Used
Step 3: Harvesting the 18650 Battery
Now Carefully Remove The Cells From The Pack
Sorry I have not clicked The Photo To Show You
By the way Click Here to See The Video
But it's so easy to do it .
But Do it Carefully
Step 4: How to Know Which Cell Are Good OR Bad ?
Now Here Comes The Main Part
You Need A Multimeter
Now One By One Test The individual Cell
- If You'll Get The Reading on Your Multi-meter The Cell is Good one
- If You'll Not get the Reading on Your Multi-meter The Cell is Dead one
Step 5: How to Charge Them Safely
It is very necessary to charge them with a Appropriate Charging Board
I used TP4056 Module
The Board Features Several of Safety
- Over Charge Protection
- Over Discharge Protection
- Charging Indicator
- Battery Full Indicator
How to Connect The Battery
- Battery Positive to Board B+
- Battery Negative to Board B-
How to Connect The Load
- Out+ to Your Load
- Out- to Your Load
Step 6: Just Connect Your Wall Adapter ( Mobile Charger )
When it Charge the RED Led Will Glow
When The Battery is Fully Charge The BLUE Led Will Glow
Now You Are Ready To Use Anywhere You Want