Introduction: Recycled Bottle Deer Lamp
I like to reuse and recycle things around me. This lamp is made using recycling a soya sauce bottle and scrap plywood from my other projects
I usually save things to make something out of them .. some day...
Hope you like this
Step 1: What Do You Need ?
- Scarp plywood
- Copper LED stri light with battery
- Empty glass bottle
- Brown Acrylic paint
- Fevicol / PVA glue
- Hand saw
- Sandpaper 80 grit and 220 grit
Step 2: Wood Cutting
- Based on the bottle and t's dimensions, the wood need to be cut as shown
- I am sharing dimensions as per the pictures
- Cut each piece as show
- Since I used plywood, while cutting the pieces came off, so I had to glue them together
- I am using threads to clamp the pieces together and leave for 8 hours
- Now using saw dust and PVA glue ( fevicol) fill in all the holes and leave to dry for 8 hrs
- Sand all piece with 220 grit sandpaper
- Paint all wood using brown acrylic paint
Step 3: Glass Bottle Etching
Glass bottle needs to be etched or frosted, there are frosting chemicals available, but even after 24hrs of soking the bottle in the etching cemical, I did not like the results. So decided to hand sand using a wet 220 grit sandpaper
Caution : Sanding glass will fill air with fine glass particles. Use Eyes and breathing protection
I soaked the bottle in water while standing and then flushed the water in toilet
Step 4: Assembly
- Fill the bottle with the LED string lights
- Fix the wooden pieces as a jigsaw puzzle
- Place bottle on the deer
DIm the room lights to enjoy your creation
Please share your comments
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.