The tools I used for this are:
- Miter Saw - for cutting to pieces to length
- Table Saw - for ripping the boards into 3" wide planks. You can also use the table saw for cutting the planks to length but the Miter saw is far more efficient for this task.
- Nail Gun - 18 gauge brad nailer with 1-1/2" brad nails and air compressor. You can use a hammer and nails if this is what you have
- Steel Tape - for measuring.
- Set Square - to make sure things are at right angles to each other
- Wood Glue - Waterproof wood glue like Elmers Max
The raw material I used:
- 6-1/8" x 1" x 49" boards from a 5'x6' pallet. I used 4 boards total.
That's all for the materials. And here's the disclaimer
Please make sure you understand safe working practices for your power tools. They can cause serious injury very quickly. Make sure your wear appropriate safety equipment recommended in the manuals that came with your power tools. Always read the manuals for safe operation. A power saw can kick the work piece back at you at high velocity - always work outside of the "line-of-fire" - check your manual..