In this instructable I will share with you how I make Ribbon Organizers out of wet wipe containers that would normally be thrown away.
This could be applied to many things, not just the items that I'll show.
(In the near future I'll be switching to non-disposable wipes, but in the meantime lets recycle this "trash")
Step 1: Supplies and Tools Needed
- Paper or Fabric that you like.
- Wooden Dowel or bamboo skewer.
- Exacto or craft Blade
- Metal Ruler
- Tape or glue. (It is your preference)
- Pencil or other marking tool.
Step 2: Draw and Cut out Window
(You can modify this to be just slits to pull your ribbon through or however you feel would work best for you. I just want to be able to see it as I generally take the spool out that I want to use and run off with it.)
- Here I've traced out a 6.5" by 1" rectangle in pencil.
- Now use the exacto blade to cut it. Please be cautious when doing this, use a metal ruler and take your time. Don't try to cut through on your first cut, make some light cuts first. This makes it so much easier and less likely you are going to be pushing super hard, slip and slice your finger off. (That would cause a lot of blood and pain, speaking from experience)