This is a quick how-to for what I did with the leftover parts.
Step 1: Supplies
2. Spray paint
5. Two wooden plaques
Step 2: Step One - Painting
My older daughter is really into neon colors right now, especially yellow. I tried painting the yellow directly over the green, but it didn't do a great job of covering. I ended up having to spray on a layer of primer, then the yellow.
I'm not sure if the paint was incompatible or what, but after it dried, it ended up crackling. The kiddo liked it, so I didn't bother trying to fix it.
Step 3: Step Two - Painting the Hardware
In order to paint the screws, I poked them through the paper I was painting on and then sprayed them. First with primer, then with my yellow and blue.
Step 4: Step Three - Assembly
The hooks I was using required screws on the back and in from the front. In order to mark out where I needed to drill holes, I marked them on the hook with a pencil, then pressed the hook onto the wood.
I used a 3/8th drill bit to start the holes, and a 5/8th bit to counter sink them. After that, I attached the hooks, and replaced the ceramic knobs.
Step 5: Finished Product!
This project was really easy, and a great way to use miscellaneous supplies I had lying around.