Stomp rockets are launched by stomping on a plastic bottle, but they can also be launched by just blowing into a tube.
Ingredients and tools:
- Old glossy magazine, including some mail-in cards or other cardstock
- Paper glue (we used Aleene's Tacky Glue)
- 1/2" CPVC pipe, 12" to 60" as per preference
- Scissors and/or utility knife
- Safety goggles for launch
- 2L soda bottle (we used a Gatorade bottle as that's all we had at home, and this was a quick weekend morning project)
- segment of old bicycle inner tube
- rubber bands / shoelaces / etc.
Step 1: Rocket: Tube
2. Roll page around CPVC pipe. Make sure it's loose but not too loose. It needs to slide very smoothly, but if you leave too much of a gap, air will escape. You can experiment and see what works best.
3. Glue the outside edge in place. Make sure none of the outside edge is loose, and don't get glue on the pipe as it'll impede movement.