You'll Need. . .
- 12 ounce bag frozen raspberries
- Approximately 1/3 cup water
- Approximately 1/4 cup sugar (add more or less to taste)
- (optional) Alcohol of your choice
- Sauce pot
- Spoon or other stirring implement
- Cheesecloth or small sieve
- Add berries, water, and sugar to pot
- Cook over medium low heat until the berries fall apart (if it becomes too thick/dry, add more water)
- Add sugar to taste
- Pass through cheesecloth or sieve to strain away seeds
- If the resulting liquid is too thin, return to the sauce pot and cook over low heat until it thickens to the desired consistency (should be similar to maple syrup)
- Allow to cool slightly
- Enjoy with chocolate yumminess or over ice cream!