Introduction: Red Roasted Bell Pepper Hummus Dip
In this instructable I show you how you can make a red roasted bell pepper hummus dip. This hummus dip goes really well with some spicy tortilla crisps. It is so easy to make and you can make a batch in advance.
To make this hummus you need some fresh bell peppers and put them in the oven to roast them for about 30-40 minutes until soft. If you want to speed up the process you can use roasted bell peppers in a jar. This will work just as well. Then it is all about combining the following ingredients in a kitchen machine or in the blender: chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice. olive oil, cumin powder, roasted bell peppers, paprika, chili powder, pepper and salt to taste.
To make spicy tortilla crisps I use two tortillas and cut them into small strips. In a bowl I put some vegetable oil and coat the strips of tortilla with the oil. Add some parsley, garlic powder and some paprika powder. Bake in the oven at 425℉ for about 10 minutes until crispy. Turn the strips about halfway through the cooking time. Serve when warm and you have a great and healthy snack.
You can easily freeze the dip so make a batch and store separately so you can enjoy this any time you like.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to know how you can make the red roasted bell pepper hummus? Watch the 1 minuut food inspiration video
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- pepper and salt to taste
- 2 tortillas
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Step 3: Instructions
- 1 Pre-heat the oven at 425℉.
- Put the bell peppers in the oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove seeds from bell pepper.
- Put the chickpeas, bell pepper, garlic, olive oil, cumin powder, paprika, chili powder and lemon juice in the kitchen machine.
- 4 Blend until smooth.
- Cut the tortilla in small strips.
- Coat the strips with vegetable oil, parsley, garlic powder and paprika powder.
- Bake strips in oven at 425℉ for 10 minutes until crisp (extend if needed).
- Turn the strips halfway through the baking time.
- Serve immediately
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.