Introduction: Red Wine Brownies (gf)
Fudgy double chocolate red wine brownies. Rich and decadent with the deep red wine flavor!
Step 1: INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup plus 1 TBSP flour,gluten free
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 TBSPS cocoa powder
- 11 oz (312 grams) semi sweet chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter,cut in 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 5 eggs,room temperature
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup walnuts,chopped
For the chocolate wine ganache:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup red wine
Step 2: DIRECTIONS:
To make the chocolate wine ganache:
In medium saucepan heat cream to just boiling. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips. Let sit for five minutes. Whisk until smooth. Add wine. Whisk to combine.
To make the brownies:
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F(180 C). Prepare a 9×9 inch (22×22 cm) baking pan by spraying with nonstick spray, and then lining with parchment paper leaving excess hanging over two sides of the pan.
2. In a small bowl,whisk flour,salt and cocoa. Set aside.
3. In a double boiler,melt chocolate chips with butter and instant coffee until smooth. When melted,remove from heat and add sugars.
4. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
5. Add 3 eggs to the chocolate mixture until well blended.Add the remaining eggs,vanilla and wine. Do not over mix.
6. Add dry ingredients and walnuts to the chocolate mixture and fold with a rubber spatula. Do not over mix. When there are still a few small lumps of unmixed flour and cocoa powder visible, stop mixing.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted an inch away from the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the brownies to cool slightly before you drizzle the chocolate wine ganache. Let them cool completely and then lift them out of the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into bars. Note: Store them in an airtight container. They can stay fresh both in room temperature and refrigerator for up to 3 days. (If they last that long!)