Step 1: Gather The Materials
1. A Moleskine notebook. I have only done this particular hack using a ruled 3.5x5.5 notebook but I'm certain you could do this with the larger ones. Its your choice to use either a new one or one that you thought you might throw away because the first step will be removing the paper and some people just might not feel comfortable ripping a new one apart.
2. A pack of Moleskine Cahiers. (Two are only required so you will have one left over. If you buy two packs, you'll have refills for at least 3 uses. I thinks it a good deal)
3. Duct Tape. I prefer the black kind because it matches the outside of the moleskine, but there won't be any tape on the outside so its really just a continuity thing with me. Do as you please. My first time through I used electrical tape. It works fine but the duct tape works better and is easier to work with.
4. A thin but sturdy piece of cardboard or a strip of plastic about 5.5 inches in length and about .75 inches wide. (Optional, this isn't necessary but I think it helps the appearance, You will see.)
5. Two thin rubber bands or optionally two hair bands. (I went with the hair bands because I figured they wouldn't break as easy as the rubber bands.)
6. An exacto knife or any type of blade for precision cutting.
7. Two small binder clips. (optional)
8. 3x5 Index Cards. (Optional)