This Instructable does not cover how to RESET a cartridge. This only covers a method to refill an empty one. Admittedly, that makes this Instructable useless by itself, but resetting the chip on a SaniSolution Cartridge is covered in my other Instructable.
Step 1: Disclaimer, Materials and Safety
I am not affiliated or endorsed by CatGenie or PetNovations LTD in any way. CatGenie is a registered trademark of PetNovations LTD.
You will be choosing your own solution to refill the cartridge with, so take all necessary precautions. I recommend gloves and safety glasses if you're the least bit uncertain about getting it in your eye or on your skin. I am using Simple Green", which is fairly inoccuous, but I would still recommend the safety glasses.
Beats losing an eye, right?
The materials list is very basic:
- An empty CatGenie SaniSolution Cartridge (duh)
- Two cups of the solution of your choice to refill it with (double duh)
- A measuring cup of at least 2 cup (500ml) capacity
- A pair of needle-nosed pliers, hemostats, or some similar grabbing implement
- A small bit of wire, plastic or whatever to use as a spacer (trust me)
- A small kitchen funnel
- A straw; a McStraw if possible
Step 2: Remove The Plug From The Outlet
Second, grip the cartridge with one hand and drag your index finger across the plug, pulling it out a little from the outlet. With your other hand, grasp the plug with the pliers and pull it out of the outlet.
If you're dextrous you may be able to pull out the plug using just your fingers, but usually its too slippery for me to get a grip on.
Set the removed plug aside and keep it for later.