This bread has a chewy and open consistency, really tasty crust and goes well with additional herbs and seeds.
For these instructions it's assumed that your Sour Dough Ferment is healthy, recently fed and bubbling with activity.
Step 1: The basic order and timing
9:00pm - Mix the 'Starter', this needs roughly 12 hours to grow and replicate
9:00am - Mix the dough by adding extra ingredients to your starter
- Then let it rest for a bout 10 minutes
- Once the liquids have soaked into the flour it's time to knead
- Allow dough to rise for 4-6 hours.
- It needs to double in size, so keep it warm and cosy
2 or 3pm - Knock back the dough to remove the biggest bubbles and divide
- Shape into loafs or place into floured formers
- Allow loafs to prove for 1-2 hours
4 or 5pm - Flour the loafs, slash the surface and bake
- Allow the loafs to completely cool