My wife hated it.
However, for reasonably cheap, I was able to make a few modifications, and now it has a place in our living room! Go budget saver!
Step 1: What shall we be using, today?
**Please do not make use of any of these tools if you are uncomfortable or unfamiliar with their use. I cannot be held responsible because you thought you knew more than you really did.**
- Drill motor with Driving bit to match your screws and Drill bit for pre-drilling holes.
- Screws - I used 1 1/8" standard drywall screws which worked perfectly for me. Nails will work, too, just make sure you have a hammer.
- Paint stripper - I needed to scuff up the varnish and apply a new coat of paint.
- Tape measure
- Level - just to be sure.
- Speed square - because they can be helpful for keeping things square.
- Mallet - In case things aren't cut quite right.
You may also find need of a table saw, circular saw, and/or miter saw. I managed to get all of my cuts done by the gentleman at the home improvement warehouse I went to and therefore didn't need to use these for this project.
- ClosetMaid 24" Horizontal Organizer http://low.es/tThOnN
- Large plank of wood or your choice of composite (plywood, partical board, etc.)
- 1"x3"x6" piece of lumber