Step 1: Requirements
1) The remote start system shall appear transparent to (not affect the operation of) the the vehicle's starting/operating system.
2) Functionality of the key-start shall be available at all times.
3) After starting, the engine shall remain operational regardless of Bluetooth connectivity.
4) After turning off, the engine shall remain off regardless of Bluetooth connectivity.
5) The engine shall start only while the shifter is in the neutral position.
6) The engine shall only start if the engine is not currently running.
7) The starter shall be disengaged after the engine reaches idle RPM or after 4 seconds have passed, whichever comes first.
8) The engine shall turn off if the vehicle is moving and the key is not in the ignition. (Note: This is to prevent theft and also to eliminate the possibility of the engine shutting off due to a failure in this remote start system.)
9) After starting, the engine shall automatically shut down after 30 minutes of operation. (Note: This is to prevent the vehicle from running out of gas if the user forgets that it was started.)