Note Although I have made this a step by step it is only done this way to break up a large amount of
Step 1: The design
I found the perfect tree to hide her in and worked out she needed to move up and down diagonally.
The first picture shows the basic mechanics:-
- A single, geared motor drives it all
- Crosshead between two slide rails moved up and down by...
- toothed belt drive number one
- The platform, where the fairy stands, is driven sideways by....
- Lead screw and nut with a toothed pulley driven by...
- Toothed belt number two which is tensioned by a strong spring.
- Shows direction of travel for the fairy.
- Title says it all, I called her Nuff, she is a fairy that makes her Fairy Nuff!
The fairy wings are UV reactive and there are flashing UV lights (controlled by a pair of 555 timer circuits) to light her at night.
Next two pictures show circuit diagram for motor switches and relays and a circuit diagram of the light flasher circuit.