Introduction: Remote Controlled Relay
In this project I am going to show you how to make an cheap remote controlled relay with an transmitter and receiver. This wireless relay can be used on anything and you can prank your friends by connecting it to an lamp and scare them ;)
Step 1: Parts and Tools
Here are the parts I used for this project, There are some parts in the photo that i did not use.
* Prototype PCB ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/251816892517?_trksid=p2060... )
* 9v relay module ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Channel-Relay-Module-Wit...31411198006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item4d29a59036 )
* 2x 9v batteries
* 2x 9v battery clips/holders ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-9V-Volt-Battery-Clip-Ha... )
* 3mm red LED ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-20-50-100-3mm-Red-G... )
* 3k OHM resistor ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-pcs-1-4W-0-25W-5-Carbon... )
* 3x male headers ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enduring-Trendy-HOT-Light-... )
* 3x female headers ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-4PCS-40Pin-Straight-Fe... )
* SPDT slide switch ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-Mini-SPDT-Slide-Swit... Position-3-Pins-/221668364697?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339c76d199 )
* 25cm copper wire
* small antenna (from an RC car remote)
* push button ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Quality-30pcs-6-6-H4-... )
* Wireless transmitter and receiver ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-For-Arduino-ARM-MCU-WL... )
* Soldering iron
* Soldering tin
* PCB cutter
* Screwdriver (for making the antenna)
* Hot glue gun
Step 2: Prepare the Parts
You need to desolder the terminal blocks on the relay module (if yours has any) and solder tree male headers instead, do the same with the transmitter.
Step 3: Schematic
Follow the schematic when soldering the project.
Step 4: The Transmitter
Solder on the parts like shown in the photos
Step 5: Wiring
Solder on the power wires and the rest of the wires on the remote, use an tick wire for the antenna connection.
Step 6: The Antenna
To make the antenna I used an 25cm long copper wire and twirl it around a screwdriver like shown in the photo.
Step 7: The Receiver
place the parts on the PCB and solder them on like shown in the photos, the antenna is a little bit hard to do because you have to thread it into two pin holes and solder it on the ANT connection on the receiver board.
Step 8: Glue
Heat up your hot glue gun and glue the battery clip to the pcb so that its stuck and don't fall off when you connect the battery. Glue the emitter to the battery holder.
Step 9: FINISHING
Put the battery in the holder and screw the antenna on, than connect the receiver to the relay module and connect the 9v battery to the clip.
Now your ready to hack lamps, prank friends and the imagination is the limit.
Step 10: Video
here is an vide of the project in action and hopefully you get the same results :)
THANKS FOR VEWING!
IIf you like this project than go check out my channel for more projects that you might like, and if you have any questions or tips for this project than make an comment or send me en massage. If you have made any of my projects than please share an photo of it in the comments :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.