Step 7: Set up an Outlook Rule
1. Go to Send/Receive and select Send/Receive Settings > Define Send/Receive Groups.
2. Check the box that says "Schedule an automatic Send/Receive every" and then set the number box to "1 minutes" so that it checks for new e-mail messages every minute. Then click "Close".
3. Now go to Tools > Rules and Alerts. In the window that pops up, select "New Rule".
4. Select "Start from a blank rule" and make sure it's set to "Check messages when they arrive" and click Next.
5. The next page will let you select the conditions, so you want to check the box that says "with specific words in the subject line".
6. Now at the bottom of the window, click on the "specific words" link and it will allow you to enter the subject line that you want it to look for. For this instance, we want it to look for the Kwiry e-mail that we will be sending it. The subject line of that e-mail will read "your kwiry - shutdown" so enter that as the specific words and click Add and OK. Then click Next.
7. On the next page, we will be selecting the action we want it to do. For this project, we want to select "start an application". Click on the "application" link at the bottom of the window now and navigate it to the shutdown.bat file that we created. Note that you will have to change the File Select filter from "Applications (.exe)" to "All Files". Now just click Next and Finish.