You'll Need. . .
- One (or more) egg
- A bowl of some sort
- A flat surface
- Position the egg in your hand so your fingers are near the two poles
- Gently, but with some force, tap your egg against the flat surface (cracking eggs on a flat surface will help reduce the odds of getting shell in your eggs, but it still can happen)
- Carefully separate the egg and plop the insides into the bowl
- Realize that despite your best efforts, there are bits of shell still in your eggy goodness
- Using one half of the shell, scoop out those bits - they'll come right out without a chase!