Introduction: Renovated Dolls House
Giving an old neglected children's small dolls house a new lease of life :-)
The old disused house.
If possible take apart pieces then completely wipe down all pieces to ensure they are free of dust. It was at this stage I sanded the timber frame to remove the marker pen drawings.
For the floor pieces I covered them in wood grain contact. Being that the house is simply in its layout with only four rooms I used it for all rooms. For the walls I used scrap booking paper to represent wallpaper, a couple of different designs. This was glued on with mod podge glue.
The back outside wall was painted to cover marker pen that I was unable to remove as was the front window sections. I chose red as that was the existing roof color. The Stripey top pattern was actually a mistake as I glued the "wallpaper" on the wrong side. But I actually liked how it now looks :-)
Once all pieces are complete I reassembled the house.
I really love how the floors look now. My girls have been having a great time putting this house to use.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.