The deck has started to degrade and the wheels are supported by the sides where it's the weakest.
Step 1: Things You'll Need.
Materials you'll need:
4 Brackets 2" x 2" x 1/4" angle x 3 1/2
(I got these at my local fabrication place and the cut them and cleaned them up for me)
8 bolts 1/4-20 x 3/4" (I replaced what old hardware I could)
8 nuts 1/4-20
8 washers 1/4 size i/d
Tools you'll need:
Spanners (open/closed end wrenches)
Ratcheting wrench & sockets
Step 2: Dissasembly
But if you're deck is in decent shape than you can go ahead if you feel ambitious.
*Also I didn't move the deck from the engine, It would have made this process easier*
Using the wire brush clean all the grass and rusted bits away so you can get your sockets on the bolts and the bracket will fit into the inside of the deck.
Take apart the wheel assembly and keep in the same order.
Remove the handle and handle bracket.
Step 3: Making and Mounting the Bracket
Drill out the top holes.
Mount the bracket to the deck.
Tap / reshape the side of the deck to it is flush with the bracket and perpendicular to the top of the deck.
Mark the holes for the wheel support and height positioning plates tab.
Remove the bracket.
Drill out the holes for the wheel support and height positioning plates tab.
Reassemble the bracket onto the deck and tighten everything down.