Once the hose failed, it emptied the entire contents of the cooling system in a matter of seconds, and there was no getting home. I quickly found this was a dealer/internet-order only part and the dealer was asking over $120. I couldn’t justify paying that much for a hose!
Step 2: The Cut
Using a side grinder, I cut the crimped ends off. A dermal, dye grinder, or even hacksaw will work for this. In the photo you can see what you end up with-I was surprised to find what was left was so easy to work with.
Step 3: No leaking!
I cleaned the ends and applied Black Silicone to ensure it wouldn’t leak. I also used a high quality, double-walled hose that won’t flatten out when bent and two hose clamps on each end. In this application the hose is so hard to get to its not a job I want to do twice!
Step 4: The result
Over all, the hose and (in my opinion) the construction are better than stock. The whole repair cost around $5.00 and about an hour of work, saving me over $115 and two days to have it ordered!