Introduction: Replace the Hard Drive in MacBook Pro
This Instruction will help MacBook Pro 13" users to replace the hard drive in their devices, and it going to demonstrate the process of replacing the hard drive step by step. The importance of the process of replacing the hard drive is to minimize the cost of replacing the hard drive remarkably and to familiarize MacBook pro users with their devices’ parts. This instruction requires the minimal technical skills such as using screwdriver and remove or plug cables. In addition, the process of replacing the hard drive takes 10-15 minutes, and the time may vary from person to another.
List of parts (Figure 1):
- New Hard Drive (500 GB or 1TB).
- Small Size Screwdriver.
Step 1: Prepare the Tools and Get Started
- You need to backup or transfer your documents and files to icloud, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive. Note: some people prefer to copy and transfer their documents to external hard drive.
- Shut down your laptop after transferring documents.
- Flip your laptop and remove screws from back cover ( Figure 2) (Figure 3).
- Remove the back cover after removing all screws and locate the hard drive (Figure 4).
Step 2: Remove the Old Hard Drive
- Remove screws from the hard drive plastic bracket ( Figure 5). Note: you need to remove the plastic bracket as well.
- Gently, disconnect the ribbon cable from the old hard drive (Figure 6).
- Remove screws from the sides of the old hard drive and install them in the new hard drive (Figure 7).
Step 3: Install the New Hard Drive
- Gently connect the new hard drive with the ribbon cable (Figure 8).
- Place the new hard drive in the specified spot.
- Install back the plastic bracket support properly.
- Put back screws in the plastic support bracket ( Figure 9).
Step 4: Install the Back Cover and Finish Up!
- Reattach the back cover along with its screws (Figure 10) & (Figure 11).
- Flip your laptop and turn it on.
- Follow up instruction on the startup screen to complete your new hard drive installation. Congrats, you are all done!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.