Introduction: Replacement Watch Strap From an Old Inner Tire
So the strap from my favorite watch broke... a long time ago. Somehow it wasn't easy to get a replacement that fitted the style of the watch. So I made my own, fast and easy and I'm happy with the result.
This fix is really easy, cheap and will take you less than an hour.
Step 1: You Will Need
- an old inner tube from a car or motorbike
- watch strap replacement tool can be helpful
- hole punch
Step 2: Cut Your Strap
- Cut a straight piece from the tire
- Mark the width of your strap on the tire with a pencil
- Cut on the marking
Step 3: Glue the Strap
- Put contact cement on the tire strap
- Turn the strap inside out
- Glue together
Step 4: Add the Old Hardware
- Remove the hardware from the old strap (watchmaker tools might be helpful here)
- Mark on the tire strap if you have to make adjustments (I did)
- Cut to the desired shape
- Add the hardware
- Place on the watch
Step 5: Make the Other Half
- Make the other half of the strap the same way
- Put the watch on your wrist
- Mark where you need the holes (you only need one hole for this custom made strap)
- Punch the holes
- Wear your watch
I am really happy with the result and proudly wearing my watch again.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.