Last night my bike broke, I was pedaling, but the bike wasn't moving!
We soon realized that the ratchet mechanism in the rear wheel was broken.
Time to learn how to replace a freehub body!
You will need:
- cassette spline tool
- suitable spanner for cassette spline tool
- chain whip (or vise whip)
- cone spanner (usually 15mm, 2 spanners make it easier.)
- spanner (usually 17mm, 2 spanners make it easier.)
- large Allen key to fit freehub (usually 10mm, sometimes 12mm or 14mm.)
- bicycle grease
- replacement freehub body