Step 1: Tools
Step 2: Out With the Old.
2. Locate bowden tube and clutch lever on driver side of the transmission.
3. Hook one end of ratchet strap to clutch lever and one to the frame somewhere towards the front of the vehicle. Tighten.
4. Release the clutch and pull up on the pedal to relieve tension on the adjusting wing nut.
5. Remove the wing nut. May require vise grips.
6. Remove the mounting bracket nuts 13mm and pull off old bowden tube. Save the washer and mounting bracket.
8. Boil some water, add rubber boot to soften
9. Install washer, then bracket, then rubber boot onto end of bowden tube.
11. Fix bowden tube over the clutch cable guide tube
12. Push clutch cable through clutch lever and thread on wing nut.
13. Re-attach mounting bracket
Bowden tube should have a substantial bend down towards the ground. Tighten wing nut until there is just under 1" of play in the clutch pedal before it engages.